The purpose of all sports is to reveal human potential.
Some athletic competitions, like the Olympics, demonstrate what mankind may accomplish through the application of mind and muscle. On a more individual level, sports can lead us to discover what capabilities that we have hidden within us.
Gracie Jiu Jitsu may be the perfect sport to help reveal hidden human potential as it challenges both the mind and the body.
There are a lot of reasons people sign up for a jiu jitsu academy:
- Exercise – It’s phenomenal exercise… but never boring like a treadmill.
- Self Defense – Jiu Jitsu is the martial art that works in realistic situations. You can quickly learn the basics.
- Competition – There is a very active tournament circuit for sport jiu jitsu.
- Discipline / Confidence – to build it in themselves or their children.
- Combat – Self defense jiu jitsu is the foundation of some of the most successful fighters in the UFC
Often times those are the reasons people come through the door. After a while they find that their original reasons become secondary to the real reasons that they stay. Jiu Jitsu is something that you can apply yourself to up to any extent you care to. For us it has been a creative outlet, a way to relive stress, and we’ve built the strongest friendships we have in our lives on the mat. The jiu jitsu community has people from all walks of life, but when they find out that you train you somehow instantly become family to them. That’s why we still train, and we hope we can build some of the same experiences for you.
Come down and check us out. Take a free class and participate. It’s $119/month for unlimited training if you decide to join. Cancel any time. We have a 30 day money back guarantee.